I have been invited to be tagged by Rick at Brutally Honest who was tagged by Alice the Camel, the most recent addition to my links of Favorites. Here's what it entails:
...list 8 facts or habits about [your]self that [others] might not otherwise know and then tag another 8 people and leave comments on their sites letting them know that they've been tagged, so they can likewise make the requisite revelations.
8 Facts about Matt (me) not otherwise widely known:
- I was a disc jockey at an adult contemporary/country music station during the summer between high school and college. Did some college radio after that.
- When we were kids, my brother and I were nearly killed by a baseball-sized stone that was propelled at gunshot speed by a lawnmower (that ran over it) that rocketed the stone through my open car window over the back of my neck (I was bending down to reach a screwdriver on the floor), shooting barely under my older brother's chin, smashing through his closed car window, and making a foot-wide dent in the car parked across the street. That was one heck of a lawnmower.
- In 1979 (I was 15) I met then recently inducted Hall of Famer, Ernie Banks at Wrigley Field before a ballgame. He's everything they say he is.
- In 1972 I was 8 years old and wrote President Richard M. Nixon a letter. He wrote back and I still have his response.
- The last time I flew on a plane was 9-10-01.
- I had the highest G.P.A. of any student in my class at high school who did NOT make the National Honor Society. I argued too often with teachers who took it personally.
- To this day I have never seen Grease, Tootsie, or The Graduate.
- In 12 years of driving a semi I've traveled 1.7 million miles in 48 states and Ontario.
I will do as Rick did and allow others to voluntarily participate in this, rather than publicly tag 8 others.