For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. ---Ephesians 6:12


"The age of casual Catholicism is over; the age of heroic Catholicism has begun. We can no longer be Catholics by accident, but instead must be Catholics by CONVICTION." ---Fr. Terrence Henry TOR, Franciscan University of Steubenville

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Truckers And Trojans (Virus, That Is)

There are a couple of things I'd like to touch on.

First of all, I've been away from the keyboard due to another Trojan virus which caused me to once again format my entire hard drive and start all over again. I'm just about up to speed, but need a few more plug-ins to be at full strength. If only I could remember all of them.

Secondly,... I wanted everyone to know that the trucker shutdown/slowdown came off today with mixed results. So far as I can tell, not nearly as many truckers shutdown/sloweddown today as threatened, if the traffic around eastern PA was any indication. But a certain number of them did so. And I would say it was a smaller number than the public expected (based upon media hoopla), but a much larger number than most truckers expected.

Frankly, since deregulation in the 1980's most truckers haven't been able to come together to do anything en mass. So, as a trucker,...I am somewhat proud of my fellow drivers for their attempt today...to do something.

My own role in this shutdown/slowdown was to drive only 220 miles, and to do it as slowly as I could stand. And why not? I paid $4.07 per gallon for diesel today.

0 comments: