For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. ---Ephesians 6:12


"The age of casual Catholicism is over; the age of heroic Catholicism has begun. We can no longer be Catholics by accident, but instead must be Catholics by CONVICTION." ---Fr. Terrence Henry TOR, Franciscan University of Steubenville

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Got Tagged...Again

I just found out I was tagged back in February by non other than the smoking, even-toed, conservative ungulate, Alice The Camel.

The Meme: Share six important or non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself:

1) In April of 2003 after running from God for years, I gave up and reached out to Him. And He reached back. Now I'm beyond the point of no return (no going back to the old ways).

2) On my feet I wear sandals with white socks almost all the time...even with snow outside. I put shoes on when the temp falls below 15 degrees, or when the snow is more than 2 inches deep.

3) I've wanted a Ford Mustang since I owned a matchbox version as a child. By the time I turned 13 I'd already outgrown both. I am big and tall and have been all but the first 11-13 years of my life.

4) A copy of Mein Kampf sits on my bookshelf [strictly for its historical significance as well as its contemporary relevance--Iran and Islamo-fascism]. It sits between John Ransom's Andersonville Diary and DSM-IV.

5) I have a favorite stunt-driver. His was the late Bill Hickman who did the car chases (and some acting) for Bullitt and The French Connection.

6) I live only a block from one of Pennsylvania's many chocolate factories, and enjoy the sweet aroma of coco wafting through my windows almost daily. But it competes with the smell of my cat's litter box, so it's a wash. Eeewwww.


Now it's my turn to tag others--

Blonde Sagacity, if you can come up with 100 things, you can think of six more...

Dr. Tony, why should Ala have all the fun?

Kevin, if you can remember your password. Dust it off, first.

Peter, consider it a cure for "internetlessness," and cheaper than a car accident. Hope you're okay.

Urban Infidel, because you are one of my favorite bloggers and on-the-scene photographers, and because I think you tagged me once.

Michael Fumento, for all of your embedded work with the troops, and for the wonderful way you repond to hate-mail.

1 comments:

Urban Infidel said...

1) I'm a word geek. I love reference books and reading Library Journal.

2) I have a vast collection of shoes. I don't own a pair of sneakers.

3) As a child, I did voice overs for the animated segment 'Letter Man' on PBS's 'Electric Company.' Letter Man was a superhero who would rescue words from the clutches of his nemesis by replacing a letter that was removed.

4) I don't read fiction.

5) I paint landscapes from my imagination.

6) I have had a lifelong interest in the paranormal. I was a member of the Fortean Society of New York, founded by John Keel, author of 'The Mothman Prophesies'.